A weekend of fun, inclusive and life-changing learning in the Canadian Rockies and Columbia Valley
Women of Confidence Series
Want to get up to speed with the outdoors scene but feeling a little…out of place and intimidated?
Join us for a series of confidence-building programs geared especially for mature women.
At Back 40 we are mature (50+) adults who love the outdoors and are willing to take things at a different pace – quality over quantity, so to speak – as is befitting our more discerning station in life.
We are here to help you get out there. You’re never too old to play outside!
Larch Madness! Intro to Backpacking
September 17 – 19, 2021
Introductory backpacking for mature ladies. No hard and fast here! We go low & slow so you can grow your confidence level and earn that “Woman of Confidence” status on the backcountry trails. This will be a glorious fall hike that you won’t forget.
Women’s Wilderness Survival Weekend
September 24 – 26, 2001
Shit happens. Are you prepared to deal with it?
Put some essential tools in your outdoors-toolbox with this “Women of Confidence” course. Join us for a weekend of fun & informative confidence-building & learn essential survival and wilderness preparedness skills.
Want us to tailor a program especially for your group? Contact us!
- Accommodations while at Back 40 basecamp (canvas bell tent, beds)
- Meals – breakfasts, lunches, dinners during program
- Program instruction & guides
- Access to private trails
- Watercraft & PFDs for paddle programs
What’s not included?
- Personal hiking equipment
- Sleeping bag, pillow, personal items
- Travel to/from Back 40 or to trailhead/docks
- A full list of recommended gear will be provided upon registration
What are the basecamp accommodations like?
- Shared accommodations in 3 x 5m canvas bell tents which can accommodate 4 people each
- Real beds and mattresses
- Outhouse facilities with the best view of the Purcell Mountains
- Non-potable water for washing
- Bear-proof storage facilities and/or bear hang facilities
- Cooking facilities (camp-style propane stoves)
- Fire pits and firewood
- Outdoor shower facilities (cold water)