Shit happens. Are you prepared to deal with it?
Put some essential tools in your outdoors-toolbox with this “Women of Confidence” course. Join us for a weekend of fun and informative confidence-building & learn essential survival and wilderness preparedness skills.
Get tips from our Back 40 instructors who are not only awesome, but are experienced in military, off-grid, and search-and-rescue scenarios. Bring it on!
- the 3 T’s of safe adventuring – Trip planning, Take a course, Take the essentials
- the 7 enemies of survival
- what to do in an emergency (hint: STOP)
- wildlife safety
- shelter building
- fire building essentials
- basic navigation
- emergency signaling
…and much more!
You will get the chance to practice your skills and the opportunity to build (and sleep in) your own deluxe emergency shelter.
Program fee includes:
- accommodation at Back 40’s well-appointed basecamp with canvas bell glamping tents, beds with mattresses, outhouses, cold shower
- delicious locally-sourced meals
- instruction & guides
- A full list of recommended gear will be forwarded upon registration