This is an unforgettable opportunity to attend a two-day beginner photography workshop at the secluded and beautiful Back 40 Basecamp with nature photographer Denise Hoffgaard where you’ll learn to capture the iconic landscape of the Columbia Valley.
Denise will introduce you to ethical wildlife and nature photography, coach you on basic camera settings and techniques, and provide an intro to processing methods that deliver natural results.
A resident of the Columbia Valley since 2018, Denise has quickly become known as a gifted, conservation-minded photographer who captures the essence of our beautiful landscapes and wondrous resident creatures. Her photos have been exhibited throughout the Valley and beyond – have a peek at Denise’s website or Instagram gallery for examples of her work and check out this article for a bit of her background.
This workshop is best suited for people who are passionate about nature and wildlife and have little or no experience with taking photos on a camera or smartphone. It requires a moderate to good level of fitness, as we will be walking/hiking on uneven, sometimes wet terrain.
- Saturday and Sunday morning sunrise photography workshops
- Saturday afternoon hike
- Saturday sunset photography workshop
- 1hr post processing workshop (please bring a smartphone to download a processing app)
- 1 night shared accommodations (Saturday July 9) at Back 40 basecamp (canvas bell tent, beds)
- Saturday morning coffee break, lunch, afternoon coffee break, dinner
- Sunday brunch
What is not included?
- Photography equipment (camera, lenses, batteries, charger, sd cards, tripod, filter, computer, processing software, smartphone)
- Hiking equipment
- Sleeping bag, pillow, personal items
- Travel to/from Back 40 or to trailheads
- Optional accommodations Friday July 8 – available for $75pp – contact us at email@example.com or 250-277-4897 to book